What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of unique information which acts as an ID tag. These are automatically issued to your computer when you visit a website. A cookie will store and sometimes track various information about the pages you visit, and information you voluntarily give to the website. When you enter My Online Estate Agent (www.myonlineestateagent.com) our web server will send a cookie to your computer. This works on two levels, it allows us to recognise your computer and then display relevant information based on your past visit. For example if you have partly filled in your log-in details it will remember this, meaning you do not have to refill these fields again at a later date, saving you time.
- If you navigate away from our property details page when it is only part completed a cookie will be stored. When you return, the information you had previously added will display, ready for you to complete. If you choose to not accept this cookie and you have not saved this page you will have to enter these details again.
- From time-to-time we may collect information about how you use My Online Estate Agent (www.myonlineestateagent.com). This is only used to make improvements and enhance the quality of our website and services we provide. This could include:
- Overall statistics on how you use our website.
- Tracking where you click on a page to understand the effectiveness of the page.
- Provide feedback to our chosen third-party partners. As we partner with the UK’s top property websites this information would only be shared with a third-party website that is providing a service to you. For example Rightmove.
- Analysing products and services you have purchased
- Improving errors that may occur when you are browsing.
As we use a network of websites to promote your property listing we may use information from your cookies to improve and offer more from our services to you. This information will automatically allow these sites to see that you have previous visited My Online Estate Agent (www.myonlineestateagent.com) on a prior web browsing session. This information is also used to inform you of any other products and services provided by My Online Estate Agent that may be of interest to you.
- We never pass on potentially private or sensitive information through a cookie. Example – bank details.
How you can manage your cookie settings.
The cookies used on My Online Estate agent are all served by us. Most web browsers will automatically accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings to notify each time a cookie is set. You can also delete all cookies by choosing this option from your ‘Internet Options’. Please be aware if you block or delete cookies then you may not get our full and best user experience.
My Online Estate Agent uses Google Analytics, this is an analytical service which is provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics operates using cookies to monitor browser usage, new visitors and responses to marketing for internal and external campaigns such as Google Ad Words. We use this information to understand your experience with us and to make improvements where we see fit. The data that is stored by these cookies will never show personal identifiable information and we never share this data with any third parties.
My Online Estate Agent.com uses Google Analytics 1st party cookies with DoubleClick’s 3rd party cookies together to provide additional information on demographics and interests in our Google Analytics reporting.